I literally have been dying to smoke some beef short ribs for the longest time and that fantasy finally became a reality. My Timberline 1300 from Trager Grills has turned out to become one of my best friends!
We also smoked some beef ribs on the side that turned out phenomenal! We used the exact same smoking instruction and rub on those.
RECIPE FOR 4 Bone in Ribs
– Hickory Traeger Grills Pellets
– 4 bone in beef short ribs
– 2 cups of beef broth
– Traeger Grills Prime Rib Seasoning
– Trim excess fat off of ribs. I love to leave a little bit though because it enhances the flavor
– Apply rub heavily to ribs and allow it to rest for 15 minutes
– Put it into the smoker at 225 degrees and let it smoke until it hits 160 degrees (use super smoke option if you have it)
– Put beef broth into a spray bottle and spray the ribs every hour while it cooked to 160 degrees
– Once 160 degrees is reached, pull the ribs out and double wrap it in tin foil and put 1/3 of a cup of beef broth in it
– Put ribs back into the smoker, turn smoker up to 250 degrees and let it cook until the ribs hit 204 degrees
– Once 204 degrees is reached, pull ribs out and let it rest for 10
minutes! Then enjoy!