Smoked Pulled Pork Ingredients and Instructions
Smoked Pulled Pork
- Traeger Smoker
- 1 6-10 lbs Bone-in Pork Butt
- 1 Traeger Pork and Poultry RUb
- 2 Cups Apple Cidar Vinegar
- Set Smoker to 250 and Preheat with lid closed for 15-20 minutes
- Have Pork butt trimmed to your fat preference, remember more fat means more flavor
- Season generously with Traeger rub and let it rest for 30 minutes soak into the meat
- Place pork butt on Traeger (Doesn't matter what direction fat is going) and cook until the pork reaches 160 degrees internally
- Remove Pork butt from grill once 160 degrees is reached
- Get 3-4 pieces of aluminum foil and wrap it around pork butt and create a funnel at the top of the foil
- Pour 2 cups of apple cider vinegar into the wrapped foil
- Place wrapped Pork but wrapped in foil back into Traeger and let it smoke until an internal temperatue of 204 degrees is reached
- Pull Pork out of Traeger and let the meat rest for 45 minutes
- Place the meat in a large dish and shred the meat (This should be extremely easy as it should be incredibly tender). Pull the bone out and add BBQ sauce to your liking and eat!
This recipe is super easy and for anyone getting into to smoking their food, this is a great recipe for beginners or frankly for those who have no clue what they are doing. Also, it’s super affordable at your local grocery store for your ingredients compared to a brisket or ribs. I got all of my ingredients from Lee’s Marketplace as they always provide ingredients and supplies for my meal posts!
What is your favorite way to have pulled pork served? In a bun? With nachos? Let me know in the comments below!
Click here for the following recipes and Restaurant Reviews:
Just a reminder to slap that subscribe button so you don’t miss out on all of the latest restaurant and resort reviews, plus recipes!