To be frank, this is my favorite way to cook a whole chicken. The Best Beer Can Chicken Recipe is easily the best! I brings so much flavor and moisture into the chicken that it makes it delicious to the taste and very desirable. The rub we use made from Traeger Grills makes the skin super tasty as well. Of course, we have to give a major shoutout to Lee’s Marketplace for sponsoring this post and providing us all of our amazing ingredients, as always!
The Best Beer Can Chicken Recipe
- 1 Full sized Chicken
- Pork and Poultry Traeger Rub
- 1 12 oz can Beer of you choice
- 1 Lime
- Signature Traeger Wood
- Preheat smoker to 350°
- Pour Pork and Poultry Traeger Rub all over the chicken and make sure to get it in between legs and wings and even some in the cavity.
- Slice lime in half and stick lime as far as you can up cavity.
- One the smoker is preheated, open the beer can and stick the chicken straight up and put it on top of the open beer can. If you have a chicken throne like I do, pour the 12 ounces of beer into the chicken thrown and the other lime into the chicken throne and put the chicken on top.
- Let the chicken smoke for 60-75 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature has reached 165°. We don't want anyone getting food poisoning!
- Once 165° has been achieved. Pull the chicken out and let it rest for 5 minutes. Once rested, ENJOY
The Best Beer Can Chicken
The first time I made this, my world was forever changed because I’ve never had such an amazing whole chicken in one sitting. Literally, the chicken comes out so juicy and moist that it makes the cows come home. Also, it is incredibly easy to make. Nothing overly complicated yet SUPER delicious! Try out the best beer can chicken recipeand let me know what you think!
Leave a Reply