This is the ultimate family feast side dish! The Ruth’s Chris Famous Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe! The recipe to the best side dish a family dinner can offer. The crowd always goes wild! Can’t wait for you guys to try this one! Of course, I got all of the ingredients from Lee’s Marketplace as they sponsor this post!
Sweet Potato Casserole
Ruth’s Chris Famous Sweet Potato Recipe
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 3 Cups Cooked and Mashed Sweet Potatos
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs Well beaten
- ½ Cup Melted Butter 1 stick
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1-2" rounds while leaving the skin on
- Boil sweet potatoes on high until tender
- Drain sweet potatos and wait to cool
- Skins should easily fall off. Remove them from sweet potatoes
- Put the potatoes into a bowl
- Add Sugar, butter, vanilla, beaten eggs, and salt to potatoes and mix with egg beater or kitchenaid.
- Place potatoes in sprayed 9"x13" casserole dish and put in the fridge to cool if not serviing immediately.
- For the crust, mix brown sugar, butter, flour, and pecans together in a bowl.If the mixture is not crumbling, add more flour
- Sprinkle crust mixture on top of mashed sweet potatoes (We like a lot on ours)
- Bake or smoke at 400° for 25-40 minutes depending on if it was refridgerated. You will know it is done if it is bubbling
- Pull out dish out and enjoy.
Try out this recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? And/or what are you grateful for?