The time of year has arrived! Thanksgiving, the time to smoke a turkey! The best way to cook the bird is to smoke it! The Ultimate Smoked Turkey Recipe is one that the entire clan will love! Super easy and simple! I’ll break down everything you need! As always, Lee’s Marketplace supplied the ingredients and sponsors this post!
Turkey Brine Recipe
- 1 Gallon Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Sage
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Gallon Water
- In a large pot, make sure to combine the broth, sea salt, rosemary, sage, and thyme together. Bring it to a boil and stir frequently to make sure that the salt dissolves. Once compelted, remove from the stove and let the bring cool.
- Once cool, add an additional gallon of ice water to the mix.
- Take your turkey and make sure it has been washed off and dried. Make sure the neck and innards are removed as well.
- Put turkey into a brine bag and add the brine. Make sure that the turkey is breast down and let it sit 8 hours in your fridge
The Ulimate Smoked Turkey Recipe
The Ultimate Smoked Turkey Recipe
- 1 18-20 lb Turkey
- 1 Brine Broth Recipe Previously listed
- 1 Package Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub
- 2 Cups Garlic Butter
- 1/2 Onion Sweet Onion
- 2 Tangerines Tangerine Oranges
- 1 Metal Tin
- Signature Mixture of Traeger Pellets You can also use Apple wood if you prefer
- Remove Turkey from Brine Bag. Pat and dry down the turkey.
- Separate Turkey Breast from the skin and put a cup of garlic butter spread on top of the breast beneath the skin.
- Smother the entire turkey in the Traeger Rub.
- Cut sweet onion and tangerines into small pieces and place them in the cavity.
- Tie the legs together and put the turkey in the metal sin in prepartions for smoking.
- Pre-heat smoker to 225° and put on the super smoke option if your smoker has it available.
- Once the turkey reaches 110° in the breast increase the temperature of the smoker to 350°.
- Once the 160° is reached from the breast, the turkey will be done cooking. Pull out and wrap in tin foil. The turkey will continue to cook and reach a temperature of 165°. (This could take 3-4 hours to accomplish.)
- Leave the turkey out for 30 minutes for the meat and juices to settle. Once that has completed, start carving!
Once I mastered this recipe and tasted it, I’ve never been able to turn back because they are so amazing! Here are some affiliate links to help you in your preparation and cooking of your smoked turkey! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Leave a Reply